Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Ode to Desk

I really adore working the front desk in my hall. If I could be an RA and a desk worker at the same time, I would be over the moon. It's great because it's the only job I've had that allows me to sit at work, and I get to use my computer, listen to music, do homework etc. instead of standing around waiting for the next customer. I also really enjoy seeing people walk through the lobby and saying hello to them.

I don't think people realize the vast resources we have at the desk. Not only do we have movies and cooking equipment, but we have board games and tools and oh so many wonderful things to check out.

I would really like to see better vacuums, though. Our vacuums (James Dean, Audrey Hepburn, Hugh Hefner, Elvis Presley, and Marilyn Monroe) break down frequently, and even when they are working they don't always do the best job. I guess that's why we have multicolored carpet, though.

1 comment:

Mara said...

Nice vacuum names. We've got Bob, Hugh, Wendy, and a few others (but those are my faves).