Sunday, August 17, 2008

Welcome to the Doll House

I had a fabulous, fabulous, fabulous weekend with my sister in Stevens Point. I helped her paint, move in to, and decorate her new apartment. First of all, without anything in it the apartment is fabulous. French doors! A 3 season porch! A really nice shower! Cute windows that are only a foot off the floor! Locationwise it's superb for her - she's two blocks from her job. We painted accent walls in three of her rooms. The first room you walk into is connected to the living room by French doors, so the blue accent wall in the first room and the green wall in the living room really make them feel like separate spaces instead of one big room. The teal wall in her bedroom is almost like a headboard for her bed. We had quite an adventure bringing her stuff up from the storage facility. The couch and loveseat were not that heavy as far as couches go, but to get them in the door we had to take off the doorknob! The bureau of doom was heavy as hell and a pain in the ass. Evil, evil bureau. We got all her stuff in and then went shopping. I spotted the perfect rugs, and they turned out to be on sale! I am wonderful! I then saw a display of 4' palms for $15 and got one for her housewarming gift to put in the sunroom/patio. We had some dinner (yum yum steak!) and went back to set things up. We got the big furniture items put together and in place and the boxes of stuff in the right rooms, although we didn't really start unpacking them. This weekend was exactly the break I needed. I am in love with her apartment and I was so happy to see her again after her long long summer away. I can't wait till I have a chance to visit her again!

No comments: