Saturday, November 21, 2009

Chili Verde

Tonight, my friends and I had a chili cook-off, because chili is delicious and we like to cook. Alyssa made traditional chili, Laura made white chili, and I invented green chili! I wasn't sure what I was doing, because I've never made chili before, so I bought some things that sounded good and put them together.

Chili Verde

1 can lima beans
1lb ground turkey
5 tomatillos
2 jalapenos
1 anaheim pepper
1 green bell pepper
1/2 onion
1 clove garlic
juice of 1 lime
2tsp fresh cilantro
1 cup chicken broth, thickened with flour
salt & pepper

Brown & drain the meat, chop the veg, toss everything in a crock pot!

I was hoping for more of a cilantro-lime flavor, but they weren't as strong as I was looking for. You could add more of those to bring out the flavors, or more hot peppers for more heat.

No comments: